Of late I have met a number of people that don’t know what a naturopath is so I thought I would shed some light on what a naturopath is and how this works with our skin care range.
A naturopath, to a large extent uses the healing powers of nature to aid in healing you. So what do I mean by that? We have a strong belief that your body is always in a state of maintaining homoeostasis balance and our approach is to aid and enhance the equilibrium of your body through using a holistic approach of case taking, lifestyle modification, nutrition advice, herbal remedies and where appropriate vitamin and mineral supplementation. The word naturopathy means ‘nature cure’ and through this we empower you as the individual to achieve a high level of health through following these principles:
- The healing power of nature – your body has considerable power to heal itself; our role is to enhance its healing power with the aid of non toxic therapies
- Identify and treat the cause – We look for the underlying cause of what is happening other than suppressing symptoms. We believe the symptoms are the branch of the tree, and our role is to find the trunk and the root of the cause.
- Do no harm – we will do no harm through ensuring safe and effective natural therapies are applied and ensuring no contraindications with medications you may be on.
- Treat the whole person – we view you as a unique individual with interactions of physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social and cultural factors to be considered
- We are a teacher – our role is to educate, empower and motivate you in lifestyle, dietary, physical and healthful modifications you may need to make.
- Prevention is the best cure – prevention of disease and support your health through education and lifestyle habits.
- Establish health and wellness – Establishing and maintaining optimal health and promoting wellness is our primary goals. We strive to increase your level of wellness regardless of your level of health.
We utilise a variety of healing techniques and are trained in clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, therapeutic massage, pathophysiology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology and biochemistry, thus is so we have a fundamental understanding of your body system and function.
For me it is essential that I completely know and understand how your body works and what causes skin conditions, from here I find it equally important to know and understand the healing proprieties of herbs and how and why they work. This knowledge is the founding basis for the development of the vitalise health skincare range. Essential to our range is having ingredients with a purpose. This is knowing the herbal constituents of the herbs, and how they work externally on your skin, the levels within the product are at therapeutic level which is a level that I know will heal, sooth and aid in the repair of your skin.
I am really fanatical about ensuring the highest quality ingredients go into our vitalise product and I will not skimp on quality. I don’t do additives, PEG’s, parabens, synthetic nor token gesture of ingredients. What I do is therapeutic levels of high quality ingredients.
Why because I want to know that what I have said is within vitalise product is there, and what I say our product does it will do.
I don’t fuss on labels and packaging, what I do is invest in ingredients of the highest quality.
For me less is best, and I hope you find this to.
Whether it is skin care or naturopathic support you need, we at Vitalise health are 100% committed to quality and to putting you first. www.vitalisehealth.co.nz .
Murray, M. & Pizzorno, J. (2012). Encyclopedia of natural medicine (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Little Brown.
Murray, M., Pizzorno, J., & Pizzorno, L. (2005). The encyclopedia of healing foods. New York, NY: Atria Books.
Sarris, J. & Wardle, J. (2014). Clinical naturopathy: An evidence-based guide to practice. Sydney, Australia: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier.